Transcript: Simplified emergency evacuation document
Emergency Evacuation Document Final Version
If personal injury or a medical emergency occurs which needs an immediate response;
- Stay calm and consider your actions.
- Notify the event manager of the number of casualties and the nature and seriousness of the injuries.
- Contact the onsite first aider to attend to the incident.
- If serious, call an ambulance by dialling 000.
ALCOHOL AND VIOLENCE EMERGENCY
Anyone who is intoxicated will be refused entry and, if already on site, will be asked to leave the event. If they refuse to leave or exhibit violent or disturbing behaviour, the staff/volunteers can contact the police if necessary.
An accessible event can ensure safety in case of an emergency for people with disabilities, older adults, and parents with prams. During an evacuation;
- Assist any person in danger, though only if safe to do so.
- Help people with reduced mobility to leave via the appropriate exits.
- Always ensure that people do not carry personal belongings or parcels with them as they may be dropped and cause obstructions.
- Do not increase the danger by leading people past or close to the emergency point when going towards the exit routes.