Supply and sourcing
- Do you estimate how much food you will need for a day or a week?
- Do you write a shopping list before heading to the supermarket?
- Do you eat in-season, locally grown or made products when you can?
- Do you choose options without plastic packaging when possible?
Transport and storage
- Do you consider where the food you’re buying or eating has come from, and how it has got to you?
- Do you store food to keep it as fresh for as long as possible?
- Do you use environmentally friendly storage containers?
Preparation and consumption
- Do you plan the meals you are going to make and use the food you have bought?
- Do you cook in batches when possible?
- Do you always eat the quantity of food you have bought and prepared?
- Do you get creative about using ingredients that will go bad if you don’t eat them soon?
- Do you keep leftovers for the following day, or freeze food so you can eat it later?
Disposal and reuse
- Do you separate your waste?
- Do you use your food scraps to make compost or use an organic waste bin?