RMIT University supports the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks and support resources we produce.
Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
RMIT’s Digital Learning Team strives to meet the WCAG AAA criteria where possible. The web version of this resource has been designed with accessibility in mind and incorporates the following features:
- Designed to consider the needs of people who rely on screen reading technology.
- Content is formatted to work with screen readers.
- Images have alt tags.
- Transcripts have been developed for infographics and interactive content.
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats, including:
- Print PDF (the format you should select if you plan to make a printed, physical copy of your book. This file meets the requirements of printers and print-on-demand services.)
- Digital PDF (useful if you want to distribute your book as a digital file, but do not intend to print the file. Digital PDFs are optimized for accessibility, contain hyperlinks for easier navigation, and can be used online.)
- EPUB (these files can be submitted to any popular ebook distributor and opened by most modern ebook readers. This is the file you’d use to submit your ebook to Kobo, Nook, iBooks, Amazon, and others.)
- Common Cartridge with Web Links (this export form allows you to iframe content as an external link into an LMS, like Canvas)
- Various editable files. Look for the ‘Download this book’ drop-down menu on the landing page to select the file type you want.
While we strive to ensure that this resource is as accessible and usable as possible, we might not always get it right. We are always looking for ways to make our resources more accessible. If you have problems accessing this resource, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can fix the issue. 
- Adapted from OER by Discipline Directory by BCcampus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
- Front matter information has been adapted from Blake, J. Halson, J. Kolk, I. Lennox, A. Moffat, S. Ponte, F. Rata, R. & Thomas, C. (2022) The OER Capability Toolkit . RMIT Open Press. Available under a CC BY-NC 4.0 license.